Sunday, July 27, 2014

Where do I go from here?

Denver.  That’s where.  I start a dual Masters program in urban planning and public administration in August (two Masters in three years).  I’ll be at the University of Colorado Denver – right downtown – and I’m very excited!  First, though, I need to find an apartment.  That’s what I’m doing right now, and it’s like finding a needle in a haystack.  The market is extremely competitive in Denver at the moment, so wish me luck!

Today marks the end my first full week of running since I was in Split, Croatia on June 8th, and it marks the first week of running totally pain free (at least in my Achilles) since I was in Belgium. I only ran (more like “easy-jogged”) about three times from June 8th to July 21st, which might be more time off than I’ve taken in ten whole years of running!  I’m still not even sure if my Achilles is healed.  There seems to be a little lump of scar tissue under the skin that won’t go away, but I’ve been pain-free for quite some time.   I kept active with biking and swimming in my time off, but somehow I still got way out of running shape. I feel like my body is learning how to run again.  It’s a struggle but it seems to be coming back to me relatively quickly.  And I’m in Colorado now so I get to run in some cool new places again! 

I think I’ll hold off on traveling for a while.  I have so many ideas, though.  I’d like to run from the source of the Rhine River in Switzerland to its mouth in the Netherlands – about 800 miles.  That was actually the original idea for this trip, but for reasons of practicality and finances, we decided to just do a regular European tour.  Someday I’ll do something like that, though.  Maybe I’ll start with a run across Nebraska first.


1 comment: